POLICIES & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
LMS Anti-Bullying Policy
This year LMS is focusing on a program which addresses: bullying, showing respect, tolerance, harassment, and good character.
As part of this program we have defined bullying and violence and posted those throughout the school and community.
Students who feel they are a victim of bullying need to follow the LMS procedure. LaVergne takes these issues very seriously.
The procedure is as follows:
- Students may obtain a bullying form from any teacher, staff member, SRO or administrator.
- The student fills out the form and returns it to their homeroom teacher.
- The homeroom teacher turns the form into the appropriate counselor.
- Counseling is then provided for the victim and bully.
- Incident is documented.
Repeated offenses will include the following options:
- Referral to administrator
- Referral to School Resource Officer