MICROSOFT TEAMS FOR DISTANCE LEARNERS
- TEAMS Live Stream sessions are held on Tuesday and Friday during 1st, 2nd, and 4th blocks.
- You may attend any session of the day; you only need to attend one for the day.
- You have a TEAMS meeting invitation to all three Live Streams.
- Tuesday and Friday Live Streams are NOT optional, but required.**
TEAMS DAILY LIVE STREAM SCHEDULE
1st Block: 9:00 - 10:00
2nd Block: 10:30 - 11:30
4th Block: 1:45 - 2:45
TEAMS ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDE
- Steps you follow to complete the class work or homework for the day.
- Website links, video resources, as needed.
- Word or PDF handouts and PowerPoint presentation attachments, as needed.
TEAMS ASSIGNMENTS - NO GRADE/CREDIT ASSIGNED IN TEAMS
- Most assignments are completed and submitted through the online textbook, AMPLIFY, or other websites that we also use such as COMMONLIT or IXL
- Submitting the TEAMS assignment to me in in TEAMS simply acknowledges to me that you have read and reviewed the assignment - not that you have completed the assignment.
- Assignments are due by 6:00 p.m. on the day assigned or the due date.
- The assignment instructions will state whether or not a quiz or activity needs to be completed and submitted within the TEAMS application.
OFFICE HOURS SCHEDULE
Thursdays, 12:40 - 1:00
Email or call me during office hours to get assistance with assignments or other questions or concerns.
Cell Phone: 615-601-2207
Check your grades regularly through Skyward using your assigned username and password. To get assistance with your Skyward username and password, please call the LaVergne Middle front Office at (615) 904-3877.
Classwork counts as 65% of the final grade and Quizzes/Tests/CPAs as 35%.
- Use Clever to access your online textbook, AMPLIFY.
- All work submitted in AMPLIFY is saved. AMPLIFY allows you to update assignments.
- All students are also given a consumable AMPLIFY textbook with writing journals.
- The consumable textbook and journals will be used daily and stored in class.
- Distance learners who return to in person classes need to bring consumable textbook and journals with you to class on your first day back to school.
CLASS AND HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS IN TEAMS
*Distance Learners - Use Microsoft TEAMS to access daily online assignments, access assignment resources, review lessons or check for make-up work.
- Go to your TEAMS page everyday to check for new assignments or review.
- All required class work and/or homework is listed within daily assignments.
- All assignments are due by 6:00 p.m. on the same day or the due date listed.
- Always read the assignment instructions carefully. Contact me for help.
- Check the assignment for webpage links and attached resources needed for your assignment - Word or PDF documents/handouts, PowerPoints, video recordings.
*Traditional Learners - Use Microsoft TEAMS to reference class assignments or homework instructions, review lessons, or locate make-up work if absent.
- Classwork that is not completed during the class block for traditional students or by 6:00 p.m. for distance learners becomes homework for that night.
- Classwork finished as homework but not turned in the next day is Late Work.
- All Late Work grades begin at an 85 unless cleared by me before the due date.
- Students are also assigned practice skills to complete and submit online in IXL.
- IXL is accessed in CLEVER. IXL assignments provide independent support with reading and writing skills we are working on as a class during the week.
- Make-up work is meant for students that are absent from school.
- When present in class, assignments should be completed and turned in on time.
- If you are present or absent from class and do not complete an assignment, a status of Missing is assigned in Skyward.
- Missing assignments deadline (48 hours after grade appears in Clever)will automatically turn into a "0".
- MANDATORY: You MUST email me in Outlook to notify me of all make-up assignments you submit.
- Your emails inform me that your work is complete, so I can go to the website to check/grade new work.
- You can access your Microsoft Office 365 account by clicking here .
- Your username and password are the same as your computer login at school.
- Announcements, messages about assignments, and other important communications for students and parents are posted in TEAMS and emailed/posted in Skyward
Thanks for visiting our class web page! Check regularly for updated information.
Your feedback and suggestions for improvement are greatly appreciated.
Remember that I'm here to assist students succeed in class and in life.
Please don't hesitate to ask questions during class and contact me for help.
Ms. Carolyn McClain
Cell Phone: 615-601-2207
Education must not simply teach work - it must teach Life." - W.E.B. Du Bois
Keep the Faith
Hold on to Hope.
Live in Love "